Automation Testing is the use of a separate software to control the execution of test scripts and compare the Predicted outcomes with the Actual outcomes. Test Automation can automate repetitive but necessary task in a formalised testing and also it may be critical for continuous testing and delivery of the software.
This will give a complete overview about the script less test automation framework.There are various levels of automation testing to know before getting deep into the script less automation, the levels are:
- Scripting / Coding
- Advanced Automation using Artificial Intelligence
Scripting / Coding
The name itself indicates that this requires the Program or a Set of codes to automate the test or process to verify whether the functionality is working as per the requirement.
For example: If you are planning to do Unit testing for a particular functionality or a class you must need to create a Code or a script to test. There is no other way to automate your unit test without coding or script.
In general, automation tools requires the testers to create some code or a script for providing test input and execution of automated test result, In such a way the Automation Tools are categorised in levels.
Scriptless test means it enables the tester to automate the test scenarios and test cases without worrying about the coding, It helps to achieve faster result and reduces the time to understand the code and logics.
Advanced Automation using Artificial Intelligence
This is the highest level of automation and this can be achieved by
- Creating the test scripts from the test scenarios or test case documents
- Auto – correcting the changes based on the new changes in the application or software for the effective regression testing
- Auto – generation of the Test scripts based on the user action and use case scenarios when the application under test – this is the advanced version of Traditional Record and Playback feature
- Auto validation of the result / Output by the automated script based on Machine Learning without the user inputs on what needs to be validated and test analytics
There are various kinds of Script-less Automation Tools available, Some of the tools are listed below.
- Test Craft
- Ranorex Studio
- TestCafe Studio
Benefits of the Scriptless automation tools:
- Testers does not require any mandatory programming or scripting skills
- Apart from the testers (who are the primary consumers of Scriptless automation), the framework usage can be extended to the Product owners (in the Agile world), and Business Analysts as well for setting up and executing the User Acceptance Tests (UAT).
- Quicker development of automated tests that perfectly fit into the Agile Process
- Offers flexibility for both native and advanced users.
- Less ‘test’ related errors as the underlying Scriptless framework would have been tested thoroughly. This, in turn, reduces the time spent on debugging and fixing test related issues.
- Easier maintenance of the overall automation suite.
We hope this article would have given you a short idea about the script less automation and its benefits. The future of Software Testing will be more effective with the Automated Tools.