Wireless is a term used to describe telecommunications in which electromagnetic waves (rather than some form of wire) carry the signal over part or all of the communication path.
Some Common examples of wireless equipment which is in use today:
- Cellular phones and pagers – provide connectivity for portable and mobile applications, both personal and business
- Global Positioning System (GPS) – allows drivers of cars and trucks, captains of boats and ships, and pilots of aircraft to ascertain their location anywhere on earth
- Satellite television – allows viewers in almost any location to select from hundreds of channels
- Wireless LANs or local area networks – provide flexibility and reliability for business computer users
Wireless technology is the process of sending information through invisible waves in the air. Information such as data, voice, and video are carried through the radio frequency of the electromagnetic spectrum.
How Wireless Technology Changed Printing
With wireless printing technology, you can send documents to your printer from across the room or the other side of the house. You don’t need a cable connection. If you have a computer that’s always connected to your printer, as well as a wireless router, you can simply share the printer to your wireless network.
Wireless can be divided into:
- Fixed wireless
- Mobile wireless
- Portable wireless
- IR wireless
- Mobile wireless
Different Methods for printing:
- Print apps
- Google Cloud Print
Among these methods, we are going to see in detail about AirPrint. Also, we will see in detail on how to print using AirPrint from your iOS devices.
Print using Apple AirPrint
AirPrint lets you print from your iOS devices. With this feature you can instruct to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to an AirPrint-enabled printer.
In order to use AirPrint, both your printer and iPhone must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
With AirPrint setup, you can now print almost anything you see on your iOS device. Photos, maps, Web pages, and even content from third-party apps can be sent to your printer wirelessly.
You can print from your iOS device to any AirPrint-enabled printer:
1. Open the app you want to print from. Find the print option by tapping the app’s share icon or settings icon. Click Print.
For example, Open safari and select print option
The below screen appears:
After selecting the print option you will be able to see the screen which is shown below.
2. Choose an AirPrint-enabled printer.
If your device is not connected to the AirPrint printer it will show error like this. After connecting also if you don’t see your printer, make sure that:
- Your iOS device and your printer are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network and you’re within range.
- Your printer supports AirPrint.
- Select the number of copies you want to print by tapping the addition and subtraction arrows to the right of “Copy.”
- Tap Print.
View or cancel your print job
While printing, you can watch your print jobs or cancel them through the App Switcher. Just double-click the Home button and tap the printer icon.
Did you find this blog useful? Let us know in the comments section. Happy Reading!!